Sample text

It has been such a long and difficult journey to parenthood for Mo and Will. Little Magpie will be here very soon! So many of us in the blogosphere have been hoping with them through each cycle, cautiously celebrating each BFP with them, abiding by them through each heartbreaking loss. Then this pregnancy happened. We checked the blog incessantly whenever there was an ultrasound scheduled, when there was spotting, and now, as we await Magpie's birth. This is truly a time to celebrate!

As I told Mo, once Magpie arrives it's all about the baby. So I'd like to, in these last days of this much wanted, long awaited, miracle pregnancy, to celebrate Mo. I would love it if you would write your congratulations to their family, or maybe the best bit of newborn advice you wish you'd known, or the odd baby gear you found invaluable, or whatever. Please email them to me at dorasblog@gmail.com, and I'll post each one as its own post. Join me in this virtual baby shower to shower Mo with love.

Monday, October 22, 2012

From Brenda at Hope Springs Infertile

Mo and Will,

Like many others, I have been reading your journey for quite some time, wishing and hoping with you.  The both of you truly are a model of strength in turmoil, a light to other people battling infertility.  Your frank discussions of the pain and hope of each round of IVF and testing was so raw and so real. 

I'm so happy to be writing this on the day you are to be induced.  Like much of the ALI blogosphere, I am refreshing my browser hourly (who am I kidding--every few minutes) to see if there is any news. I am thrilled beyond words for the both of you as you start your new journey.  I hope that Magpie enters the world safely and healthy. 

I look forward to hearing about your new life with her (if you wish to share----please!).  The only advice I can give is-as others have said-take lots of pictures, write down some notes about her every few days (I kept one sheet that had had the feeding schedule for the boys, and I am so glad I did!) and remember to be gentle with yourself.  No matter how much you have longed to see her face, raising a child is tough.  And a newborn is extremely hard!  Take help when you can get it.  Please don't feel like you need to "make up" for your body by being "everything, all the time" to Magpie. You are going to be tired.  There are going to be times that you just want a break.  And that is OK.  Really.  Just because things are overwhelming, doesn't mean that you love your daughter any less, that you wanted her any less. It means that you are a new Mom and Dad.  A very, very normal new Mom and Dad.  Yes, Mo, get used to it: M-O-M.  Is any other word quite so sweet?

Love to all three of you! 

Brenda

No comments:

Post a Comment