Sample text

It has been such a long and difficult journey to parenthood for Mo and Will. Little Magpie will be here very soon! So many of us in the blogosphere have been hoping with them through each cycle, cautiously celebrating each BFP with them, abiding by them through each heartbreaking loss. Then this pregnancy happened. We checked the blog incessantly whenever there was an ultrasound scheduled, when there was spotting, and now, as we await Magpie's birth. This is truly a time to celebrate!

As I told Mo, once Magpie arrives it's all about the baby. So I'd like to, in these last days of this much wanted, long awaited, miracle pregnancy, to celebrate Mo. I would love it if you would write your congratulations to their family, or maybe the best bit of newborn advice you wish you'd known, or the odd baby gear you found invaluable, or whatever. Please email them to me at dorasblog@gmail.com, and I'll post each one as its own post. Join me in this virtual baby shower to shower Mo with love.

Thursday, October 18, 2012

From Lindsay at Life Pared Down

Mo and Will,

I have read along with you through your journey and I am always amazed at how strong you are. I think it's a reminder that we are ever stronger than we give ourselves credit for, but at the same time that it is okay to not feel strong at times. You've reminded me on more than one occasion that there is a balancing of these feelings that can happen, so if you're on one end for awhile and you don't want to be there, it can change.

I am so thrilled for you two. Magpie is almost here! It is truly wonderful and it is hard for me to express just how happy I am for you.

I remember having this one rather brief and vivid thought just after birth when they laid K on me. "What, I get to keep her?!" It was rather overwhelming after our previous losses and just went to highlight how much of a journey it had been to get to that point. It's okay to be (on top of the normal newborn insanity) to be overwhelmed by the simple fact that you have an actual baby! It's takes time for you mind to wrap itself around that fact, so don't despair if things don't click right away. There will be some moment where you acknowledge that you have a baby. It may even pass by unnoticed, but it will happen.

I don't really have much advice, since everyone's experience with a new baby can be so different. All I will say is that this is but another chapter in your lives. Most definitely it is a life changing one, but it will have it's ups and downs too. It won't be perfect, but it's your journey and if there is one thing that is true, it is that Magpie is damn lucky to have such amazing people as parents.

All the best of luck to you! I await news of Magpie's arrival with baited breath!

Lindsay
aka. The Steadfast Warrior

No comments:

Post a Comment